History

1951:
Dr Herold Binderer founds an import company for wine in Munich.

1987:
Procurement of the St. Ursula winery in Bingen am Rhein from Nestlé.
Start of the export business.

1990:
Founding of the Danubiana wine retail and production company in Hungary.
The company quickly becomes the leading Hungarian wine exporter.

1995:
Procurement of the Hungarian wine-growing estate Gyöngyös in the Mátra region,
a location known across the globe for its outstanding white wines.

1997:
Construction of an ultra-modern winery in southern Hungary, close to Szekszárd by
the Danube. This region is famous far beyond its borders for its red and rosé wines.

Present day:
With a production of over 60 million bottles, the Binderer Group has become one
of the leading German wineries.